Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Well done

"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’" Matthew 25:23 ESV


Related image
Knowing how busy my schedule was before taking on the full time job I am blessed to have now, a coworker sat down in my office recently and said, "So, how are you doing it? How are you getting everything done that you did before with adding in work and training for a 100 mile ultra?" Laughing, I replied, "Preparation. Lots and lots of preparation. I prep my meals and clothes at night. I prep for morning Bible study in advance by having everything I need already laid out, and I use my time more wisely, eliminating any habits or activities that don't draw me closer to God or my goal of completing the race." 

And you know, when it comes down to it, what I'm really preparing for is the day when I will finally see my Savior face to face and, because of the way I have lived, will hear the words, "Well done good and faithful servant... Enter into the joy of your master. " You see, life is not about biding our time while enjoying the spoils of our efforts until the day we are called home. Life is about living for Christ each moment. It's about using the specific gifts He has given us for reaching out to the lost, showing love to others and working to bring people to the foot of the Cross. Living life any other way is simply wasting the time and talents we have been given. 

So don't waste another moment of your life doing anything other than what God has called you to do my friend. There are many people to be reached and many things to be done. Get busy making the most of your days so that you too will one day hear the words, "Well done good and faithful servant." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that everything we have comes from You and is to be used in service to You. That means our time, our talents, and our possessions are Your's. Guide us in the best way to use them Lord so that we will win souls and be deserving of the title "good and faithful servant." It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Well done - Erica Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment