Tuesday, March 26, 2019

But God

"Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass." Joshua 21:45 ESV


Image result for person victorious

Collins Dictionary defines the word “but” as a proposition used to introduce something which contrasts with what a person has just said. That means, in other words (pardon the pun), “but” can be a self-defeating word that causes a person to lose hope. Consider this... as a running coach and a Christian, I can't tell you how many times, I've heard someone say, "I would love to start running, but I just don't have the strength." Or "I really want to overcome this food addiction, but I just don’t have the willpower." And I've even heard "I want to believe that Jesus has forgiven me, but I just can’t." Can you see where I'm going with this?

But guess what? The word “but” loses its power when you and I add God after it. You see, the Bible is full of God's promises, all of which we can fully trust since they "all came to pass" and none have failed. Need strength? God promised He would give it and He did. Need help overcoming an addiction? God promised to save us from all distress and He did. And if you think some sins can't be forgiven, God promised ALL our sins would be remembered no more and they weren’t. You see, the world tells us one thing, but God tells us another. 

So the next time you're tempted to give up and say, "but I can’t," remember that God can. He do anything my friend. And the sooner you believe that, the sooner you will begin living a life of victory. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that, through You, we can live lives free from guilt, depression, addiction, shame, hopelessness, weakness and self-doubt. Help us to study your Word daily Lord that we might discover Your promises, hold tight to them and live in victory. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Same Power - Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment