Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Come home running

"So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." Luke 15:20


Image result for father son hugging pic
From the day my son, Luke, was born, I was in love. This beautiful child God blessed me with filled my heart with joy from day one. Now that he's 20 and in college though, I rarely see him. And oh how I miss him! I didn't know just how much though until he came home last weekend. As he walked in the door and I saw his smiling face again, I couldn't help but cry tears of happiness. Running over to him, I lifted my arms to hug his neck and said, "I'm so glad you're home." 

Truly, could there be any greater love in the world than what a parent feels for their child? But as great as that love is, can you imagine that God loves His children even more? In fact the Bible tells us that He loves them (that means you and me) so much that when they stray, He welcomes them back home. And if you're thinking that God couldn't possibly forgive you for the things you have done, consider this. The prodigal son left home and wasted all his money in wild living but, in spite of that, when "his father saw him... he ran to his son" and "threw his arms around him and kissed him." 

Perhaps you, like the prodigal son, have wandered away and long to come home? Then call out to the Lord my friend. I can promise you there's nothing You have done that will keep Him from running to meet You right where you're at. He truly loves you that much. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a patient and loving Father. Thank You for loving the lost so much that You would forgive them of their sins if they would only ask and then welcome them back home with loving arms. I pray that if there's someone reading this today that has run away from you, that today would be the day they would turn around and come home running. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Come home running - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment