Friday, March 22, 2019

Be a good citizen

"Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone--especially to those in the family of faith." Galatians 6:20 NLT


Image result for help the homeless pic

To say I have been blessed the last several years would be an absolute understatement. I love what I do! I love being a running coach and race director and I absolutely love helping to plan events that give people opportunities to do things they once thought impossible. Through all this, I love even more that these organized runs and free training sessions provide "the opportunity" to share the love of Jesus with others. So when I received a "Good Citizen Award" last week for "enhancing the physical and spiritual well-being" of the community in which I live, I was utterly humbled. This is definitely not the reason I work to "do good" in my little part of the world. I do it because I love the Lord with all my heart and want to inspire others to love Him as well. 

And you know, when it comes down to it, you and I as believers are not really citizens of this world anyway. The Bible clearly tells us that we are citizens of heaven. But while we are here and passing through, you and I have a very important job to do. And that job is to be "good citizens” of this present world, residents who look for opportunities to "do good to everyone," that the lost might come to know Jesus by our actions. Furthermore, since our time here is short and there are multitudes of people to be reached, this is a job we must take seriously each and every day. 

So continually look for opportunities to do good to others my friend. And if you can't find an opportunity, create one! You'll only pass through this world once, so don't waste even one moment of it. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that our time on earth is very short and that we have a lot of work to do while we are here. Give us a sense of urgency Lord that we wouldn't miss even one opportunity to do good to someone that they might experience Your love through us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment