Sunday, March 3, 2019

Rock bottom

"But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!'" Matthew 14:30 NIV


Image result for drowning man pic
Yesterday, as I begrudgingly chose cross-training over running for the umpteenth day in a row to help eliminate the piriformis discomfort I’ve been experiencing, I thought back to the many times over the years I had run through all types of discomfort until the pain became so intense I just couldn't take it any longer. It was only then, when I had hit absolute rock-bottom in my efforts to keep going and couldn't take another step, that I would acknowledge my "problem" and seek help. 

But truthfully, isn't hitting rock-bottom, or sinking down to the lowest possible level you and I can, the only thing that causes us to acknowledge our need for the Lord sometimes? Of course it is. And while Peter was chastised for his lack of faith when he began to sink and "cried out, "Lord, save me!'" at least he was smart enough to do it at the first sign of trouble - when he began to go down, instead of when he had reached the bottom of the sea. 

So if you're in over-your-head and feel like you're drowning today because of a “problem,” don't wait until you’re at rock-bottom to ask for help my friend. Cry out to Jesus now and allow Him to pull you up. After all, when you and I trust Him, we can not only withstand the wind but can walk on the water. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we need you at all times, not just when we feel we're drowning. Help us to constantly keep our eyes on You and walk in Your ways that we might avoid the problems that cause us pain and bring us down in the first place. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Walk on water - Audio Adrenaline

No comments:

Post a Comment