Sunday, March 24, 2019

Make yourself ready

"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready." Revelation 19:7


Related image
With less than a week to go until the Prairie Spirit Trail 100 mile race, I am keenly aware that no amount of training put in between today and Saturday could prepare me for for the long-distance run that awaits me. By the work already done, I have either made myself ready or I have not and there is absolutely no more time to make fitness or endurance gains, no matter how hard I might try. The thought doesn’t worry me though because, as I look back on the many months of preparation (and ever- confident that God will be by my side providing the strength needed to finish), I can smile knowing I am as ready as I will ever be. 

And when it comes to being prepared, would you be ready for Jesus' return if he came back at this very moment? Does the thought of meeting Him fill you with joy and anticipation or dread and apprehension? The answer to that question is very important my friend because the Bible is very clear that it will happen without warning and at a time when you and I least expect it. But there is good news! You can make yourself ready now by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, committing your life to Him, and living each day hereafter in preparation "for the wedding of the Lamb." 
 
So I guess the question is... are you trained up and ready? If you are, then smile and "rejoice and be glad and give him glory!" But if you're not, what will you do to make yourself ready? And what are you waiting for? There’s no time to waste!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that Jesus is coming back one day. It could be today or a thousand years from now. Let us not concern ourselves with when it might happen though, only that we are ready for when it does. And knowing your return could be imminent, help us to be prepared. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

People Get Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment