Sunday, March 17, 2019

Give glory where it is due

"he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities." Psalm 103:10 NIV


Image result for person praising God pic
On March 14, I received an email saying, "Congratulations Wonder Women! You all are amazing individuals and have been chosen to be a DC Wonder Woman Run Ambassador." "Wow," I thought to myself. "What a blessing to be one of those chosen! Thank you Lord." Not one to keep such great news to myself, I posted the news on Facebook hoping that people would see this blessing the same way I did... as an undeserved gift from God and yet another reason to glorify his Name. And while many people did see God's hand in it, many others applauded the news and said, "You deserve it." 

But you know what? I don't deserve it. I don't deserve anything good. I know that full well. But I also know that every good thing I have ever accomplished, every good thing I have ever possessed and every good thing I have ever experienced was given to me by God's grace and God's grace alone. I, stained by sin like everyone else, really deserve nothing but the penalty of death for my transgressions. Thankfully though, as the psalmist knew, God "does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities" but continues to love us in spite of our shortcomings. Isn't that a wonderful thought? 

So how can I not give glory where glory is due? How can any of us not? And how can we not sing the praises of a God who, in His infinite mercy and love for us, decides to bless us rather than repay us for the wrongs we have done? 

Heavenly Father, you are so worthy of all honor. Thank You for loving us so much that You would choose to give us good things when we are so undeserving of them. May we forever give you all the glory and sing Your praises that the world might come to know You and believe in You through our words and actions. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

How can I keep from singing - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment