Thursday, June 11, 2020

God knows those who trust Him

“ The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him.“ Nahum 1:7 NKJV

As I stood in the kitchen at work yesterday, watching the microwave count down as I waited for my lunch to heat up, I was struck out of the blue with an epiphany so overwhelming that it made me cry. “Man, my life is really good," I thought to myself. "I’m not rich but I’ve never been without food. I have a job I absolutely love. The sun is shining through the window. I have an amazing family that I wouldn't trade for anything. God granted me this day and gave me the strength and ability to run a few miles before clocking in. But most of all, my life is good because I have a God who 'is good,' who ‘knows’ me and who can be trusted to be my ‘stronghold in the day of trouble.’"

And you know, the Lord not only knows me but He knows all those who put their trust in Him. Do you truly understand what that means? The reality of it is mind-boggling! J.J. Packer explains it this way, “I am graven on the palms of His hands. I am never out of His mind. All my knowledge of Him depends on His sustained initiative in knowing me. I know Him because He first knew me, and continues to know me. He knows me as a friend, one who loves me; and there is no moment when His eye is off me, or His attention distracted from me, and no moment, therefore, when his care falters." Wow! Is that amazing or what?

So during this time when nothing seems to be certain except that each new day will bring new troubles, let us declare that God is good. Let us continue to put our trust in the One who knows everything about us and yet loves us anyway. And let us find rest in the goodness of God. 

Heavenly Father thank You for loving us with a love so great that it would lead You to sacrifice your one and only Son so that we could have a relationship with You. Help us to trust You as we look at the troubles in the world around us and to remember that You are a stronghold we can run to for shelter.  It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment