Sunday, June 28, 2020

Make the most of each moment

"But I considered it necessary to send you Epaphroditus--my brother, coworker, and fellow soldier, as well as your messenger and minister to my need--" Philippians 2:25 CSB

50 More Funny Running Quotes to Make You Laugh
As I sat with two of my dearest girlfriends eating lunch Saturday, I couldn't help but thank God for confidantes like them. We had just enjoyed a run in the park together with some of our other friends, as we do nearly every Saturday morning, and had laughed and openly talked about life. Now here we were encouraging one another as we partook of our chips and salsa. My heart was a bit saddened though when Ashley and Rachel began to talk about where the army was going to send them next. Growing up as a military brat and living right outside of an army base, having friends come and go isn't new to me. It doesn’t make it any easier though. "Oh Lord," I prayed. "Help me to be the best friend I can be to both of these women while I have them present in my life."

And you know, friends will come and go. That's just how life works. If you've been a Christian long enough, you have probably realized by now that God may put someone into your life for a season or for a lifetime. Whichever it is, you can be sure it is for a purpose. Consider Paul's friend, Epaphroditus. He was a fellow missionary and is mentioned only one other time by name in the Bible. But Epaphroditus served a purpose so great while he was in Paul's life that Paul referred to him as a brother, a coworker, a fellow soldier, a messenger to the Church at Philippi and his own personal minister in need. Wow! Talk about making a difference in someone's life.

So make the most of each moment you have with your friends and with your family. Encourage them, love them and serve them as God calls you to; because only God knows the amount of time you will have together. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for those people you put into our lives that make us better; people who encourage us, love us, serve alongside us and help us grow closer to You. Help us to be present in each moment Lord that we wouldn't miss a chance to be remembered by someone for doing good and making their life a little brighter by letting Your light shine through us while we can. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment