Sunday, June 7, 2020

Prayer changes things

"First of all, I ask you to pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful you are for each of them. Pray for kings and others in power, so we may live quiet and peaceful lives as we worship and honor God. This kind of prayer is good, and it pleases God our Savior. God wants everyone to be saved and to know the whole truth..." 1 Timothy 2:1-4 CEV

How Does God Hear All Our Prayers at Once? | Guideposts
Well before the alarm clock was set to go off yesterday, I woke up fully alert and energized. "Oh my," I thought as I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, "It's too early for this." But as I laid there for a few more moments, my heart began to stir so greatly within me that I couldn't ignore what I knew I was being called to do. I was being called to pray. So that's what I immediately did as I got ready to hit the trail before church. For more than two hours, I walked, ran, and prayed for everyone the Lord laid on my heart - my children, my husband, my friends and other family members, my pastor and all pastors, my church and all churches, my community and all communities, and all those in local leadership and those in the White House. And I prayed that every person in our nation and in our world who didn't know the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ would come to know Him and be saved. And I prayed hard!

And you know, although God is sovereign over all, He not only allows us to intercede on behalf of others - which has the power to change their hearts and the course of events - but wants us to do to so. And we do this praying "for everyone" and asking God "to help and bless them all." Did you get that all and everyone part? God wants all the world to know Him because "God wants everyone to be saved and to know the whole truth” because He loves everyone! And the whole truth is this... there is only one God and only one way to eternal life and that's through his Son, Jesus Christ, who willingly died to rescue all of us while we were still sinners and undeserving of the sacrifice. 

But if you’re hesitant to pray because you think there's no power in prayer, think again my friend. Prayer has been known to change the world more times than you and I could ever count or will ever know. And there has never been and never will be a situation that God doesn't have the power to change. So pray and pray hard!

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing us to come to the foot of the Cross to intercede on behalf of our nation and its’ people. May our prayer be that the lost would be found and that all hearts would be turned to You so healing might take place. Urge us to pray for all people on all occasions Lord that we might be used to bring about the change we want to see in our world. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment