Thursday, January 30, 2020

No excuse is valid

"Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.” Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.'" Luke 9:61-62 NIV

Image result for person leaving all behind pic

Runner's World Magazine recently published an article titled, "16 of the worst excuses ever for a bad run," in which they said, "If you are going to make an excuse for a bad run or race, make it convincing or so unconvincing that it has to be believed." And some of the excuses listed? I put my socks on the wrong feet - they were not my feet. I applied far too much anti-chafe cream and damaged myself when I accidentally did the splits, and I used the wrong mantra: Instead of “Light and smooth”, I kept repeating “An ocean is only as deep as its water”, which just confused me.

And while there are definitely good and legitimate excuses for having a bad run, Jesus was clear that there was and is absolutely no valid excuse for not heeding the call to follow Him. In fact, when "still another" of the men Jesus was talking to offered up an excuse for not doing by saying, "first let me go back and say goodbye to my family', Jesus replied, 'No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." In other words, we cannot be of service to Christ unless and until we are willing to give up everything we have for Him to be completely and wholeheartedly sold out. 

So would you say you're sold out to Christ my friend? Have you stopped making excuses why you can’t follow Him with complete sincerity, devotion and commitment? I sure hope so, because your decision to do so will not only affect your life today but your eternal destiny. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being patient with us when we put off following You. Lord I pray that if there is someone reading this today that has not made the decision to accept You as Lord of their lives that they would quit making excuses and do so at this very moment by saying, "Lord I admit that I need You.  I believe Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for my sins and rose again on the third day. I'm making the decision right now to give You my life and be sold out in my commitment to You. Please forgive me of my sins." It's in Your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment