Wednesday, January 8, 2020

God is in complete control

“And when I was burdened with worries, you comforted me and made me feel secure.“Psalm 94:19 CEV




With all the talks of war, contention, chaos, and rebellion in our world right now, I woke up with a heart full of anxiety yesterday. Knowing this spirit of fear did not come from God, I was desperate to rid myself of it and the feelings of despair, apprehension and restlessness that accompanied it. So as I began my early morning run I began to pray out loud, “Lord, I am so overcome with fear and worry right now. Please take it away.” Then as my tears began to fall, I pleaded wholeheartedly, “I need you to reveal Yourself to me! I need to feel your Presence! Please make Yourself known to me.” And within moments, deep within my soul, I heard Him say, “Look at the sun coming up Melissa. I caused that. I made that beautiful sunrise. I am and always will be in control. Calm your heart sweet daughter. You have nothing to fear.”

And you know, just as the psalmist knew, it is possible to experience peace in the midst of complete disorder and confusion. You see, when you and I are “burdened with worries,” we need only cry out to the Lord who will comfort us. And even better yet, will make us “feel secure” in the middle of the worst storms and the lowest valleys in our lives by reminding us that, no matter how it may appear, He is always present. He is always sovereign. He is always all-powerful. He will always love us. And He is always in complete control.

So if you’re “burdened with worries” today my friend, won’t you cry out to the God who was, is, and always will be in complete control? His presence will not only give you the comfort and security your troubled heart so desperately needs, but will fill you with overwhelming joy.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You are always in control no matter how it may appear. When we are anxious or troubled Lord, help us to make prayer our immediate response. Remind us that all your promises are true God and that You can always be trusted. It’s in your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment