Wednesday, January 1, 2020

God is our Rescuer

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4 NIV




Grateful to have had the first day of 2020 off from work yesterday, I decided to run my favorite long loop near my home since I had extra time. "Oh how I missed this trail," I thought to myself as I passed field after open field and crossed over several streams. And as I continued counting my blessings, I looked to my left just in time to see a young goat with its' head caught in one of the openings of his wire fence struggling to break free. No doubt thinking that the grass was tastier on the other side, the poor animal had wedged its' horns and head out and was now struck. Taking out my phone, I was thankful that I knew the owner of the farm who assured me he would come immediately to rescue his 'kid' from trouble. 

And you know, as I watched the goat struggle to free itself for a few moments, I couldn't help but think of the many times I had also, thinking the grass was greener on the other side, strayed from God's path only to find myself in the same predicament - hopelessly in need of rescue. And as much as I'd like to say that I've gotten smarter and this doesn't happen anymore, the truth is I can't. I still get myself into trouble, which is why I am so grateful for a Savior who has vowed to sustain, carry and rescue me throughout my lifetime, even into my "old age and gray hairs." 

Thankfully this promise of deliverance is for you too my friend and for every other person who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Isn't it amazing to know that the Creator of the Universe loves us that much? He is our Rescuer. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us the way you do, without boundaries and in spite of our shortcomings. Lord help us to remember that the boundaries you have laid forth in the Word are for our protection and peace. And thank You for rescuing us when we, despite knowing what's right, step out of those boundaries and need help getting back on track. It's in your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment