Monday, January 27, 2020

Never assume

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.'" Acts 1:8 NLT

Image result for person evangelizing pic

"Oh my," I said out loud the moment I saw the large patch of ice that had blanketed the path in front of me midway through my early morning run yesterday. And just as I came to a standstill and began to thank the Lord that I saw it in time, a car coming in the opposite direction stopped and the driver rolled down her window. "Be careful," she said. "There's a patch of ice covering the whole road up there. I didn't know if you'd be able to see it and I didn't want you to get hurt." "Thank you so much." I said as I smiled. "I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me." 

And you know, it would have been so easy for this driver to just keep going and 'assume' that I had seen the ice, which I had unbeknownst to her, rather than warning me. Much in the same way you and I might 'assume' the people around us know Jesus. But that's where the danger is my friend. When we 'assume' someone knows Christ and we stay silent, we allow them to keep going down a path far more dangerous than an ice-covered road. Which is the exact reason you and I must be those "witnesses" who tell people about Jesus everywhere, even "to the ends of the earth." 

So let us not 'assume' that our friends, family, coworkers, or anyone else that we might come into contact with has heard or understands the Good News of the Gospel. But rather let us take the time to tell them, knowing that those who accept Jesus as their Savior because of our actions will be eternally grateful that we did so. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we should never assume that anyone is saved. Help us to be bold Lord that we would never miss an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus and all the great things He has done for us - that in doing so they might be led to the foot of the Cross. It's in Your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment