Thursday, January 2, 2020

Anything is possible if you believe

"'What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.'" Mark 9:23 NLT




While driving to Springfield Friday for another race, my daughter, Hope, and I passed the park where a friend and I had begun the 50-mile run we had completed by God’s grace the previous Saturday. “Hey,” I said to Hope. “That’s where we started last weekend. Wanna see our turnaround point?” “Of course,” she replied. But as we drove and drove and drove, she became baffled at the distance not even considering we had to go back 25 miles. Finally, upon reaching the turnaround point she said, “I could never...” and then stopped herself. “I hope God never calls me to do something like that!” And we both laughed!

And you know why this sweet girl stopped herself mid-sentence? Because she has learned that there is absolutely nothing impossible with God... nothing! “If a person believes” that is. She’s seen it in my life and in the lives of many of my Christian friends who have stepped out to do His will in the midst of impossible odds. In fact Jesus, himself, said, “Anything is possible if a person believes.” That means if God calls you to do something totally beyond your ability and seemingly impossible, He CAN and WILL provide the strength and tools for you to accomplish it. You need only believe.

So step out in faith today to do whatever it is the Lord has laid on your heart to do my friend. Believe that ALL things are possible by the power of Jesus Christ and then watch something miraculous happen. You’ll be amazed at what God can do through you when you place your complete confidence in Him.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that nothing is impossible for the person who believes that You are God and are all-powerful in providing the power, endurance and resources we need to fulfill any task you have called us to, no matter how improbable the situation may appear. Help us to trust You so much Lord that we would dare to do the impossible for your glory. It's in your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment