Sunday, January 5, 2020

Do not miss out

"In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God." Psalm 10:4 NIV

Image result for jacob kiplimo loses pic

On New Year's Eve morning of 2019, many runners, including me, were out enjoying a casual run while Ugandan runner Jacob Kiplimo was closing in on winning the 95th San Silvestre de Sao Paulo Road Race in Brazil and setting a new record in the process. But as he approached the finish line, Kiplimo, 19, raised his arms a little too early in celebrating his victory allowing Kibiwott Kandie to pass him and finish first by just inches. And because of his arrogance, Kiplimo not only lost to Kandie by a mere second but missed out on having his name in the record books. NBC Sports later said, "Without the premature celebration, Kiplimo, who represented Uganda in the 2016 Rio Olympics, likely wouldn't have lost a second on his time."

And when it comes to arrogance or pride, do you realize that one of the main reasons many people will miss out on going to heaven is because of their pride? Think about it. The prideful person, "does not seek him" or even have "room for God'' in their thoughts. The prideful person says,"I can do this on my own. I don't need anyone else. Everything I have is because of my hard work." Unfortunately, this attitude of haughtiness and self-importance prevents a person from seeing their total inability to save themselves and their desperate need for a Savior. 

So if you have not admitted your need for Salvation or surrendered your life to Jesus, won't you lay down your pride today and say, "Lord I don't want to miss out on spending eternity with You. I admit that I can't do anything without you. I surrender my heart to you today and I ask that you strip me of any pride that keeps me separated from You.”

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that pride will not only cause us to miss out on the many blessings You supply but will keep us from a right relationship with you now and eternal life later. Search us Lord and reveal and remove any pride within us. It's in your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment