Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Mornings are the best time

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life." Psalm 143:8 NIV


Image result for praying with bible pic
Runner's World Magazine recently published an article titled, "What’s Better for Weight Loss: Morning or Evening Workouts?" A new study finds timing could make a difference in your chances of keeping those pounds off. And just as you might have suspected, the research showed that those who stuck close to their goal weights were the ones who worked out in the morning, and worked out at least five days a week. “Consistency is what’s key,” researchers said. “These weight loss maintainers have made activity a habit, just like going to bed early or drinking more water."

And you know, when it comes to forming habits that will benefit us, the Bible is very clear that consistently spending time with the Lord is not only the key to our spiritual health and growth but crucial to discerning God's will for our lives. And what better time to be reminded of God's faithfulness and to ask for guidance than before the day begins? David clearly understood this saying, "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go..." 

So if spending time with the Lord is not the way you consistently begin each day, I would highly urge you to make it a habit my friend. Doing so will not only change the course of your day but the course of your whole life. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that making You our first priority will transform our lives. Time spent with You in the morning will not only help us determine how we should spend our day but reminds us that You are faithful and always with us which will help us get through our day. May this knowledge help us to make this a habit. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Me and God - Josh Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment