Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Best best friend

"I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me." John 15:15

Image result for runner looking at sky pic
As I approached the pair of young ladies coming in the opposite direction on the trail I was running on Sunday, it was clear by their behavior that they were friends. Keeping in step with one another, I could hear them laughing and chatting as the two made their way. "I bet they've been running together a long time," I thought to myself. "I'm so glad that I have a friend to run with every day too." And you know, although my friend can't be perceived with the eyes, He is as real to me as anything I can touch and see. And He is my very best friend in the world. 

And if a friend is defined as a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, isn't it wonderful to know that the feeling is reciprocal? In fact, Jesus loves you and me so much that, although He is Lord, He chooses to be our friend saying, "I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends..." And since He reveals to us everything the Father has revealed to Him, you can be sure that Jesus is the best friend to ask for advice on those long runs. Could there be a more perfect friend and running partner to have?

So if you see me seemingly talking, singing or laughing to myself as I run, don't be alarmed. I'm simply enjoying some time and conversation with my best friend. It's the one thing I look forward to the most each and every day. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You would actually choose to call us friends although we are so undeserving of the title. Help us to grasp that as much as we love You, You love us more and want to be the center of our lives. Oh Jesus. may we make the choice each day to walk and talk with You above anyone else. May we make You our best friend. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Nobody loves me like You - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment