Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Divinely orchestrated events

"The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23 NLT


Image result for woman at altar pic
Through a series of what I can only describe as divinely orchestrated events that began nearly three years ago, I found myself sitting alongside my teenage daughter and Ashley, a young lady whom I love like a daughter, in a church far from home Sunday morning. And while you might say it was merely a coincidence that I was in town for a night race that led to our being there on this particular day, I'd say you were wrong. You see, the pastor delivered a message that my dear Ashley desperately needed - a message that God, Himself, arranged for her to hear that led her to the altar to lay down a heavy burden she had been carrying way too long. 

And you know, since the Bible is clear that God "delights in every detail" of our lives, it's no wonder that He goes to such great lengths to arrange "divine appointments,” or meetings that are specifically and unmistakably ordered, such as this one. In fact, there's nothing that God won't do to put us in the right place at the right time to hear the right words He knows we need. He is just that good. And He loves us that much. 

So the next time you feel a nudge to go a certain way or to do a certain thing, listen to it my friend no matter how odd it may seem.  Allow the Lord to direct your steps and you will find that "divine appointments" are a regular occurrence. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us like You do. I know that there's literally nothing that You would not do to dispel the lies of the enemy so that we might lead lives free from the burdens we were never intended to carry. Thank You for loving us that much. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Reckless love - Cory Asbury

No comments:

Post a Comment