Thursday, January 31, 2019

Heed the warnings

"For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.'" Proverbs 1:31,32 NIV


Image result for cold night pic

Running in the darkness of the early morning can be quite challenging at times, especially when it's cold. But since I absolutely love running outdoors I have, by God’s grace, been able to brave the cold every day this winter to venture out before dawn to get in a run before work. Not so for two days this week though. At the advice of the weather reporters who said it was dangerous to be outside for long in the -15 to -20 morning wind chill temperatures my region was experiencing, I brought my workout indoors. And you know, as much as I wanted to ignore the warnings and head outside, I was glad I didn't. I know my defiance would likely have resulted in injury and I would have had no one to blame but myself. 

And when it comes to being defiant, stubborn, or wayward, the Bible is very clear that those people who are bullheaded and insistent upon having their own way, contrary to others' advice or orders, and especially in disobedience to the Word and the prompting of the Holy Spirit, will suffer the consequences of their actions and will have no one to blame but themselves. Thankfully though, the Bible is also very clear that whoever listens to the Lord "will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." 

So may you and I vow to heed God's warnings each and every day, that we might avoid sin, danger and the "waywardness of the simple" that only leads to death - turning our eyes and ears to the One who will guide us in the way we should go.  

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that disobedience always has consequences. Help us Lord to listen to the warnings you give us in the Word and through other people and to follow You at all times that we might avoid the fallout from our sin and rebelliousness. Most of all Lord, thank You for forgiving us when we go astray and for never leaving our side. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Hold on to me - For King & Country

No comments:

Post a Comment