Monday, January 7, 2019

Inexpressible and glorious joy

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy," 1 Peter 1:8 NIV


Image result for laughing runners pic
With 90 minutes to go on the four hour run I had planned Saturday, I received a text from my friend Jackie, "Ok, I had full intentions of coming to the group run this morning but with lack of sleep this week it didn't happen. I do plan on running today, what do I do?" And of course I told her to throw on some clothes and join me! And you know what? She did. And what a fantastic time we had. The sheer joy my Christian sister exuded was contagious. It renewed my spirit and allowed me to finish refreshed and with a smile on my face.

And you know this joy, this "inexpressible and glorious joy" that Jackie radiates is the very joy that every Christian should display. Why? Because though we "have not seen him," we love Him and believe in Him. You see, when you and I truly believe in Jesus Christ and know He is who He says He is, we know the troubles of this world are only temporary and that heaven awaits us. And when we love Him, we feel His love in return. A love so great and magnificent that it fills our very being and spills over into "inexpressible and glorious" joy. 

So if you're feeling rundown or spiritually exhausted and void of joy today, won't you call or text one of your Christian brothers or sisters? It could be that a long walk or run with them is the very thing that will have you rejuvenated and joyful again. After all, joy truly is contagious. 

Heavenly Father, You were so good to give us friends and I thank You for all of mine. They truly are a blessing. Lord, help us to be those people who exude overwhelming joy that we might lessen the burdens of our friends and draw others to You because of it. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Joy - Rend Collective

No comments:

Post a Comment