Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Press on

The Lord God is our light and protector.  He gives us grace and glory.  No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right.  O Lord Almighty, happy are those who trust  in you."  Psalm 84:11-12


Many of us think that we trust God, especially when things are going good.   What about when they're not?  God doesn't promise to give us everything we think is good, but he will not withhold what is permanently good.  This sometimes means that things happen in our lives that cause us to question God.  But, they happen to strengthen our faith when He, once again, uses these situations to make our faith stronger.

I was very aware of that today as I ran day 7 with a raging case of tendinitis.  I reminded God that I had a race coming up (as if he didn't know) and I needed healing asap.  God doesn't need me to tell Him what I need! Even after all the times He has carried me through, I am still prone to doubt.  We all are.  He knows we're not perfect and knows we need him to be our light and protector.  So, in days, when your faith seems small, keep praying and press on.  Don't give up!

Heavenly Father, please help all of us struggling with our faith today.  Remind us that you will not withhold any good thing from us and that, through, these struggles, you are making us the person you need us to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment