Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Unashamed

 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.  Romans 1:16



When I first began devoting my running to the Lord was when I joined TEAM413 and found the avenue of witnessing through an activity that I absolutely loved.  I found the connection between physical and spiritual health.. they are both strengthened by the other.  However, I soon realized that witnessing at marathons and races wasn't enough.  What about all the other daily runs?  People saw me then too.  Why was I holding that part back?  Yep, that's what I thought!!!

So, I now wear my shirt emblazoned with "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.", Philippians 4:13, on every run.  Including, rain, snow, sleet and heat.  At every 5k, 10k, marathon, trail run and daily run.  I never want to miss an opportunity to share Him with anyone.  If one person is curious enough to ask why (and this happens quite often), then the run was worth it!!! 

I hope this song blesses you.  Live your life in such a way that you don't regret a moment!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment