Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blessed

2nd Annual Prairie Spirit Trail Ultra Race Saturday, 29 March 2014 Ottawa, Kansas Melissa and her teammates will endeavor to complete the 100-mile Ultra Race along the Prairie Spirit Trail. Please support them. Sponsor Team 413 at Gracerunner413.blogspot.com or call 573-433-6684 or 573-774-4992 Missouri Team 413Ambassador Melissa Martinez Members of TEAM 413 – GRACERUNNER MINISTRIES, INC. are raising funds to provide free Ultrasounds to women experiencing un-planned or crisis pregnancies in Pulaski County. All money raised will go towards training volunteer technicians and ultrasound maintenance at the Free Women’s Center. The Free Women’s Center empowers as many individuals as possible to make healthy life choices consistent with the intrinsic value of human life. The Center offers free and confidential pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, prenatal education, and financial & material assistance. Learn more at www.supportmyfwc.com.
Here's this link also for donations. https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift/gift.php?giftid=173BB95D-9D6E-4547-B8B6-0E9CE19D56F8.

"I have glorified You on the earth.  I have finished the work which You have given me to do."  John 17:4


After three days off, I finally got to run today!  90 minutes of running with no pain or swelling.  I'm telling you God works miracles.  After no pain mile after mile, I wanted to lay prostate in the middle of the road thanking God for his healing!!!  Thought the better of it as a semi passed me at 55 though.  Better to praise standing for sure.

 As I was finishing up and headed into the gym to stretch, a friend approached me and asked why I wasn't still resting my injury.  I explained that I had prayed on it and felt that today was the day.  He then asked me whether I was afraid of doing permanent damage?  So this is what I told him, " I would rather enter heaven physically broken and tired after having led others to Christ, than to enter with a whole body having done nothing to further the kingdom.  God called me to this and I believe that He, alone, will sustain me through the works He has planned for me."  Needless to say, my friend smiled and said nothing except, "Well, good luck with that."

Some people just don't get it, I laughed to myself.  Consider yourself blessed to be called by God.  Whatever that calling may be, whether sharing at work, helping feed the hungry or missionary work, thank Him for blessing you so that you may glorify Him. What an honor to serve!!!

Happy running!!

Heavenly Father, thank you for your healing power and for equipping us with the things we need to complete the work you have called us to do.  Help us to remember that your strength alone is all we need.  And, if we are unsure the plans you have for us, let us surrender and allow you to open our eyes to what that plan is.   Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment