Thursday, October 15, 2020

Our God is so kind

“Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You.” Psalm 63:3

“You’ve got to be kidding me. I never do this!” I cried out loud yesterday morning after realizing why my alarm had not gone off. I had forgotten to plug in my phone so it was completely dead! Thankfully though I hadn’t woken up too much later than usual to get in my normal morning run but much later than I had planned in order to get in some “extra” miles as part of my 100 mile race training. “Oh Lord,” I later prayed as I hit the trail, “my training has not been what it should be. I can’t complete this run on my own! I need you to remind me that You will be there with me so I will have the courage to step up to the start line. Remind me Lord! Please!” And nearing the end of my run, that’s exactly what He did. “Good morning!” I said to the older lady that frequently walks her dog on one of the gravel roads I run as I approached her. “I see you have a new companion today.” “Yes,” she said almost tearing up. “This is Charlie. Isn't he something? He loves everyone. Our dog of 16 years recently died and God gave us this rescue dog to heal our sadness.” “He certainly knew what you needed,” came my heartfelt reply as I reached down to pet Charlie while fighting back tears. “God is so good like that.”

And you know what? God is indeed good like that. In fact, the Father is so good that the psalmist declared that the lovingkindness of the Lord "is better than life.” And because of the goodness of God, his lips would praise Him. Something I did upon realizing just how kind, considerate and loving the Lord was to remind me of His faithfulness by orchestrating this “random” early morning meeting. You see, God used “Charlie” to remind me that He knows what I need and would be faithful to provide it just as he did for Charlie’s new Mom. He loves His children that much! Is that realization a reason to sing His praises or what?

Perhaps you’re in need of a reminder of just how much God loves you today as well? Perhaps you need to be reminded that He will be with you in whatever it is you’re facing? If that’s you, consider this your reminder. God loves you my friend! He sent His one and only Son to prove it. So put a smile on your face and praise Him with your lips for His lovingkindness!

Heavenly Father, thank You for bringing Charlie into my path yesterday. You knew what I needed and met that need at the perfect time. Thank you for reminding me once again that You are always with me and every other believer now and to the end of the age. Your love truly is better than life Lord, and for that I will praise You with my whole heart. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment