Thursday, October 1, 2020

Jesus loves you

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NIV

"Lord I still need safety pins," I said silently as I was out running early yesterday in complete awe of the sunrise that was beginning to appear. And if the beauty of the morning wasn't enough to make me smile, the text I soon received after praying that prayer did, "I got your safety pins. 1,500 of them,” my dear friend Shawn wrote. I had mentioned to him just the day before that I was in desperate need of at least 1,000 safety pins for the race I would be directing and the Lord surely provided; which prompted the text I sent back, "Isn't that just like God to give us more than we need?? I'm listening to Spirit FM and Jesus loves me this I know was playing as I was praying for the safety pins and you sent me that text. God is so good!"

And you know what? God truly is good... and He loves me and He loves You. In fact, our Father loves us so much that He will go above and beyond to show us that love; even sending his "one and only Son" to die for our sins so "that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." Can you fathom how great of a love that is? It's truly beyond imagination isn't it? And to think that He didn't wait for the world to love Him before He did it is even more unimaginable. 

So if you have never felt the love of the Father, I invite you to seek Him today. The Bible says that if you seek Him with your whole heart, you will indeed find Him. And when you find Him, you will experience his deep love for you and you will never ever be the same. 

Heavenly Father, You are such a good God and loving Father. Thank You for loving us first and for sending your one and only Son to die on a cross to save us from our sins. Lord, if there is someone reading this right now that needs to experience your love, I pray that they would seek You right now with their whole heart. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment