Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Look at me Coach

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master!’” Matthew 25:23 BSB

Working at our local health department as the Wellness Coordinator is, I believe, the best job in the entire world. I mean I literally get paid to do the things I love and would do for free. And one of the best things I get to do is to teach our A.C.T.I.V.E. Kids running program to the elementary students in several of our county schools. I absolutely love these little ones! So you can imagine how happy I was to be back with some of them this week after being out for a while due to COVID restrictions. And I could tell they were just as happy to see me by their big smiles, constant air hugs and numerous elbow bumps. Their exuberant attitude even spilled over as we begin their 20 minute workout. “Look at me Coach Mimi! Look at me Coach!” they all seemed to yell at one time. I felt I was constantly turning around to watch one of them go through the agility ladder, around the cones or through their sprints as each child beckoned me to watch. And to each one I yelled “Good job!” as I clapped like the proud coach I was. Later I said to the group, "I am so proud of you guys. You really worked hard while I was gone! Now reach around and pat yourselves on the back." 

And you know, watching these precious children led me to ponder something— if God is my Coach, and He is, am I running life’s race in such a way that I could invite Him to look at me (and by that I mean my life) as these kids invited me to look at them, confident that I would hear the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant?" Well thankfully what I can say is this, “Look at me Coach. I know I fail You and fall short of perfection but I am striving to live my life for You. Look at me Coach. I love You. I know I am a sinner but I am making every effort to take all You have given me and use it for Your glory. Look at me Coach. By Your strength, I am striving to love others as You love them and am giving an all-out effort to stay faithful to the end." 

So how about you my friend, are you running life's race in a way that will please your Coach?  If you aren't, it's not too late to get back on track. Simply say, "Lord, I need You. Forgive me for going astray. From this day forward, I vow to run the race as You lead and guide me to. I want to please You above all else." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us in spite of our imperfections and constant failings. Help us to live our lives with the intent of crossing the final finish line only to bow down at the feet of our Coach and Savior to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant." It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment