Sunday, May 12, 2019

Turn around

"One who wanders from the way of good sense will rest in the assembly of the dead." Proverbs 21:16 ESV


Image result for drug addicts pic
One of the things I love most about going out of town is being able to run in new places. Rather than planning my routes, I simply decide how long my run is going to be and then wander aimlessly through the streets the first half - turning to go wherever my eyes and heart lead me - and then use my GPS the last half to find my way back home. And while I'd like to say this way of doing things is always a success, it isn't. I've many times found myself turning onto streets that left me questioning my own safety. 

And you know, when it comes to wandering aimlessly, the Bible is clear that the "one who wanders from the way of good sense will rest in the assembly of the dead." And while most of us don't wander away on purpose, many of us will find ourselves, or already have found ourselves, in a place where we are in danger of being separated from God because of our bad judgment and wrong choices. But guess what? You don't have to stay in that place! No one does. The Bible tells us that if we repent and turn back from our sinful ways, we will be forgiven and welcomed back home. 

And you know what that means my friend? It means that rather than spending eternity in hell, you will spend eternity with Jesus! Isn't that the best news you've ever heard? But only you can make the decision to turn around and come home. What will you decide?

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that no matter how far a person has wandered away from You, You will always welcome them back. Help us to be Your hands and feet Jesus and to boldly go and proclaim this message wherever and whenever You call us that those who have lost their way can turn around and run back home. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment