Sunday, May 19, 2019

Childlike faith

"Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. " Luke 18:16 NLT


Image result for child running into parents arms pic
With only 10 minutes to go until the start of the kids one-mile fun run I was helping to organize at our local park Saturday, I was concerned that no children were lined up at the pavilion where the race was set to begin. Realizing the start line was quite a ways from the main festivities of the National Kids to Park Day Celebration up the hill, I asked my friend, Julie, who was also helping, "Do you think they realize we're down here?" "Probably not," she replied. "I'll go call them to come down." And sure enough, upon hearing about the race, a group of smiling children eagerly rushed down with time to spare. 

And you know, as I later watched these kids enthusiastically running along the course talking and laughing without a care in the world, I understood why Jesus would call the children to him and say, "For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." He was reminding us that those who wanted to come to Him would need to do it with the same childlike humility, faith, and simplicity that children have. You see, children don't need to know all the answers. They don't need to know how their parents will provide for them or how they will keep them safe - they simply trust they will, and that's good enough for them... and it should be good enough for us too. 

I wonder, do you have child-like faith today? The faith that says, "I don't know what my tomorrow holds, but I do know Who is holding my tomorrow?" I sure hope so my friend, because that will allow you to also say, "I don't need to know anything else. I completely and whole-heartedly trust you Father." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the much needed reminder that as a child of the King, I don't need to worry about what the future holds only that You will be with me each and every day. You will be there to protect me, comfort me, guide me and provide for all my needs. And for that I say thank You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment