Thursday, February 11, 2021

Make the best choice

"'Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.'" 1 Timothy 4:8 NLT




"So you want to become a runner?" That was the question posed by Tamara Markard in an article published recently in the Greeley Tribune. She went on to say, "If you’ve had the desire to rack up some mileage running but don’t know where to start, this article will give you some good tips and tricks for adding running to your workout routine." Tamara then explained that to be a runner required patience; a person must start slow with brisk walking before transitioning into a jog. "Starting slowly is especially important for people that are overweight and haven’t participated in an exercise routine for some time. Running causes an increased demand on the heart for blood supply and with clogged or hardened arteries, a heart attack can occur. So working your way from walking to running is a key component to staying safe."

And you know, when it comes to making choices that will make your life better, there is no better choice you could ever make than to become a Christian. You see, while "physical training is good," it benefits you only in this life. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and "training for godliness" is infinitely better because it will benefit you both in “this life and in the life to come.” Think about it this way... you and I could spend hours in the gym each day but we will still die. We might prolong that inevitability by a few years because of an active lifestyle, but death will certainly come to us--it comes to everyone. But if you have placed your trust in Jesus, that "life to come" will be spent in paradise. Is that awesome or what? 

So if you've been considering accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and don't know where to start, can I give you a tip? Start right here and start right now by praying, "I accept You as my Savior today Jesus. I admit that I can't do this life alone anymore and I need You. I believe that You are God's Son and that You died for my sins and rose again on the third day. I confess that I'm a sinner and I need You to save me. Forgive me. Amen." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God who loves us despite our mess ups, mistakes and  shortcomings. Lord, if there is someone reading this that has not made the decision to follow You, I pray that today is the day they make that choice. Remind us that tomorrow and even our next breath are not guaranteed and that we will have no second chance to make that decision when our days are done. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment