Wednesday, February 10, 2021

We must lead the way

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ," Philippians 3:20 NIV


With single digit feel-like temperatures and freezing drizzle, yesterday's early morning run would not have been possible without the Gor-Tex jacket I was wearing that not only repelled everything winter had to throw at me but kept me toasty warm. So warm and protected, in fact, that I found myself thinking, "Who invented this amazing substance that thousands of people around the world count on to 'get the job done'"? After a quick Google search later that day, I soon had my answer. Robert W. Gore was born on April 15, 1937, died on September 17, 2020 and will be forever remembered as "A Pioneer" because of the life he lived. What exactly is a pioneer you might ask? Among other things, a pioneer is someone who is a trailblazer and the first to do something. It's also someone who forges a path for others to follow to lead them into new territory. By definition then, a pioneer is someone who is always on the move, anxious to lead the way, and unwilling to settle down. 

And you know, we as Christians should remember that we are pioneers as well. You see, the Bible is very clear that "our citizenship is heaven" and not on this earth. That means you and I are merely passing through on our way to the new territory the Lord promised we would inhabit for eternity. But along this journey, you and I have work to do. And that work is to lead the way for the lost to come to know the Savior we so “eagerly await.” But guess what? Doing this requires action! To lead someone to Jesus Christ means you and I must become unsettled and move our feet. We must step out of our comfort zones and hit the streets. 

So knowing that our Lord is coming soon, may you and I make the decision to be trailblazers today! May we waste no time in taking hold of every opportunity we are given to go out and share the Good News the world so desperately needs to hear. I don't know about you my friend but this revelation has me shouting, "Let revival start right here! Let revival start right now! And let revival start with me!" What say you?

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that we are not to be settlers on this earth but pioneers who work tirelessly to blaze a path for the lost to follow that they might come to know You as their Savior. Lord, fill us with an urgency and boldness that we cannot quench--an urgency and boldness that compels us to go out and fulfill the Great Commission. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment