Wednesday, February 3, 2021

God can make it all good

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 NLT


On January 24, my 69-year-old running friend and retired veteran, Sid Busch, posted, "Heck of a day so far. I tripped in the dark walking to the start line, cracked a rib, in hospital waiting to be treated. Sure can use prayers right now." "Oh no!" I thought to myself as I read his words and immediately began to pray. Thankfully though, Sid had good news to give all his friends and followers this week when he wrote, "I continue to improve, ribs hurt a lot less than a week ago... I've stopped taking oxycodone and use a lot less Ibuprofen. Walking has really helped me, I take deeper breaths which helps me from getting pneumonia plus I am not getting totally out of shape. Only problem I have while walking is I see someone running and I have to hold myself back from starting to run, lol. If there is a silver lining to this, it's my knees haven't felt this good in years." Do you just love that or what? 

And you know, if a silver lining can be defined as an advantage that comes from a difficult or unpleasant situation, there was indeed a silver lining in Sid's misfortune. The unexpected time off from running allowed his knees to have some much-needed healing time. Isn't our God good like that though? He is always using our trials to bring about good in our lives. In fact, the Bible gives believers the assurance that "God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Did you get that everything part? That means the good, the bad and the downright ugly. And this is something "we know" because we know that God keeps His promises. 

So if you're going through the fire right now, hang tight my friend. I know it may be hard to understand or even fathom how God can bring good out of your situation but He can. It may not be immediate but it will happen. Trust Him as you wait and prepare yourself to look back on this difficult and trying time one day and say with a smile on your face, "Thank You for what I went through Lord. I didn't understand it then but I do now and I know that I am so much better for having gone through it." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for promising to take all our pain, afflictions, troubles and trials and use them for our good and for Your glory. Lord, when we can't see how this could possibly happen, cause us to turn to Your word and read about the saints who have gone before us. Their testimonies prove that You can be trusted in every situation no matter how hopeless, desperate, bleak or impossible it appears. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment