Sunday, February 7, 2021

Things aren’t always as they seem

“So the Lord saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others. He took care of them on every side.” 2 Chronicles 32:22 NIV


As I do nearly every weekend, I woke up early Saturday morning, read my Bible as I drank a cup of coffee, and then headed to the park for a run with friends. And keeping to routine, I further prepared myself for the day and miles ahead by turning on praise and worship music from my favorite Christian radio station on my drive. But as I turned the dial up and then up some more and then up even more, I became concerned. “Oh my,” I thought to myself. “Am I going deaf? I can hardly hear this. I guess after all those years of using headphones, I’m losing my hearing.” But then a divine thought occurred to me... check the speaker settings. “Oh yes!” I thought remembering that my son, Luke, had recently borrowed my vehicle while his car was in the shop. And sure enough, that’s what it was. He had set it so only the speakers in the back were working. So just like that.. with a few pushes of the buttons, full sound was restored and I was singing along with the radio once again.

And you know, this story just goes to show that things aren’t always as they seem. Things aren’t always as hopeless as we think they are; especially when the Lord is on our side. Consider the story of King Hezekiah. He was seemingly surrounded on all sides by King Sennacherib of Assyria. And not only was this wicked and ungodly king taunting the people of Judah and ridiculing the Lord but making every attempt to persuade the people of Judah to doubt that the God who had saved them countless times before could save them this time. But as God is perfect at doing, He quickly and easily turned the tables by sending “an angel, who annihilated all the fighting men and the commanders and officers in the camp of the Assyrian king.” Just like that, “the Lord saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others.”

Perhaps you’re in a situation today that appears hopeless and has you doubting God’s power to “turn the tables?” If that’s you, look up my friend. Place your trust in the Lord and allow Him to do only what God can do.... turn a hopeless situation into one you can sing about!

Heavenly Father, thank You for showing us time and time again that You are the Supreme Ruler over EVERY situation. Remind us today Lord that you are God with a capital G and not the little and powerless god of our enemy. You are all powerful and there’s NOTHING that You cannot do. It’s in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment