Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Be the light

"For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'" Acts 13:47 NIV


Adhering to my normal routine, I finished Bible study and then grabbed my headphones to listen to my favorite Christian radio station while I got dressed for my early morning run yesterday. "Oh my," I thought as I fought back tears at the news I heard over the air... GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame member Carman died on Tuesday. Upon digesting this, I immediately messaged the announcer, Jim, who had shared it and is one of my very best friends in the world, "I did an altar call at his concert when I was a kid!!!! He’s one of the reasons I chose Christ!!" "Wow! He was instrumental in your life with God," came his reply. And as we chatted a bit more I wrote, "I’m so thankful that we know Jesus. Praise all those people God used to lead us there. May we be those people to others!!" And I loved Jim's reply, "I'm small potatoes, but I can't wait to get to Heaven to find out how many people are there with me because of the witness of Spirit FM."  

And you know, while Jim may consider himself "small potatoes," he is anything but "small.” Just ask one person who came to know Christ because of something he said or did. To that person, Jim will always be remembered as someone who heeded the Lord's command to "bring salvation to the ends of the earth" starting in his little part of it; something every single Christian should be doing, especially as we see the end drawing near. Now before you think of a reason you can't do that consider this... sharing the message of salvation is a command and not a suggestion; therefore we must be the "light" that leads people to Jesus Christ wherever God has placed us using whatever platform God has given us. 

So let your light shine bright my friend! Hold nothing back from serving Christ and winning souls to the foot of the Cross by the light you emit. Strive to, in the words of John Wesley, "Get on fire for God and men will come and see you burn." Can you just imagine what would happen then? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for those people who are not afraid to shine their light and share the gospel with the world. Start a fire within us Lord that can’t be extinguished to be those people if we aren't already. Give us a love for our neighbor so great that it compels us to go out of the walls of the church to be the church and to win souls to the foot of the Cross. Help us to burn bright Lord! It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment