Thursday, February 4, 2021

God is forever faithful

" Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations," Deuteronomy 7:9 ESV



On February 4, 2012, I posted the following according to Facebook, "Getting so excited and nervous about tomorrow's Marathon. Low of 32 and a high of 50. They are bussing us 4.5 miles up the mountain at 5:30 am to begin race at 7. Its gonna be a cold and dark wait. But I won't be alone. I have my running buddy with me. He's also my personal trainer and best friend. Looking forward to running with you Jesus." And I can't even begin to tell you how much this memory made me smile. So many things have changed since that day. My teenage son is now a man and living on his own, my daughter is a sophomore in high school and I am no longer a stay-at-home mom but a working one. But some things, thank God, haven't changed. I'm still running marathons and my "Running Buddy" is still with me. He is still my "Personal Trainer" and is and always will be my very "Best Friend" in the whole world. God was faithful to me then. He is faithful to me now. And I know that He will be faithful to me until the end of time.

And you know what? God isn't only faithful to me. He is faithful to all "those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations." And if you're doubting that, consider this... the book of Deuteronomy was written around 1406 BC. That's a long time ago right? But during those thousands of years and all those generations between the time that verse was written and today, God has NEVER failed to keep any of His promises. Not even one! And you can be sure that He never will. In fact, you can read the Bible a million times and never find one promise that our Lord did NOT keep!. Each new sunrise is proof of that; despite our shortcomings, the Lord still loves us and always will. 

So if you're feeling as if God doesn't know or care about what you're going through today, think again my friend. The "Faithful God... keeps covenant and steadfast love" with you, with me, and with all who believe upon His holy name. So look up brothers and sisters, He is faithful and He is coming back soon. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being faithful to us when we are anything but faithful to You and for loving us when we are totally unlovable. Lord, for that person who doubts that You are real or that You care, I pray that they would feel Your presence today in a way that they never have. Help us to be bold in sharing the Message of Your faithfulness to the world. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Faithful Now - Vertical Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment