Monday, July 20, 2020

Taste and see

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8 NIV

Orange Socks Stock Videos & Royalty-free Footage - Getty Images
After running for six hours at the Ultra Sweaty Santa Endurance Run on Saturday, I was overjoyed when my daughter, Hope, asked me to go shopping with her. Not only would I get some extra time on my feet (part of the training for my 100 mile run in November) but I would get to spend some quality time with this precious teenager who is growing up much too quickly for my comfort. And the afternoon was going great until I heard this permit driver frantically exclaim, "Where are my keys? Where are my keys? I’ve lost my keys!!" "Calm down honey," I said. "We'll find them. Let's pray on it and then backtrack." And backtrack we did, several times actually, before they were turned in to the customer service desk of a store we had already checked twice. And while Hope smiled at the sight of her keys, I smiled at the sight of my Garmin’s display of the extra 5,000 steps I had gotten in. God is so good. 

And you know, regardless of what happens in my life, good or bad, I will trust God as I boldly and confidently proclaim "that the Lord is good." And I can declare this with every fiber of my being and in every situation because I know it to be true without a shadow of a doubt. And I know it to be true because I have personally tasted and seen "that the Lord is good." In other words, I, like the psalmist, have experienced God in ways so intimate and powerful that His presence, existence, sovereignty and power could not be denied. 
So if you have yet to experience God in such a tangible way that you could never again doubt His existence, I invite you to "taste and see that the Lord is good" my friend. I invite you to get to know Him, to trust Him and to "take refuge" in Him that you too might experience the blessings that come from a close relationship with the Father. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God who wants to have a close relationship with those who love You. Please draw us so close to you Lord that we would be able to truly taste and see that You are good and would be so overwhelmed with your Presence that we couldn’t help but tell others about your goodness. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment