Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Guaranteed to succeed

"'Pardon me, my lord," Gideon replied, "but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.'" Judges 6:15 NIV

Eric Avila Finds Redemption, and First Sub-4 Mile, at Jim Ryun ...
On July 21, the White House issued a press release that read: This week, President Donald J. Trump will award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jim Ryun. This prestigious award is the Nation’s highest civilian honor, which may be awarded by the President to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors. Jim Ryun is one of the most accomplished American runners in history and a former United States Representative from Kansas. Despite being cut from every athletic team in junior high, Ryun made the track team at Wichita East High School, where he went on to break the world record for the mile and compete in the 1964 Olympic Games. While at the University of Kansas, Ryun broke several more world records, won the silver medal at the 1968 Mexico City Games, and competed in the 1972 Munich Games. Among many other accolades, he was named ABC Wide World of Sports Athlete of the Year and earned the James E. Sullivan Amateur Athlete Award. Following his outstanding athletic career, Ryun honorably served his home State of Kansas in the United States Congress from 1996 to 2006. He has since written three books and currently gives motivational speeches around the country.

Wow! Is that amazing or what? Jim was someone who would probably have been voted 'least likely to succeed.' Wouldn't you agree? Gideon was also someone who might have been voted 'least likely to succeed,' describing himself as coming from the weakest clan in Manasseh and being the "least" in his family. But guess what? When Gideon finally put his total trust in God, God used him in ways bigger than he could ever have imagined. You see when God is with us and we allow Him to work through us, we instantly go from least likely to succeed to guaranteed to succeed. When we place our trust in the Lord, there's nothing that we can't do because there's nothing that our God can't do. 

So if you're feeling defeated today, look to the Lord my friend. Choose to put your total trust in Him and say, "Lord, I am truly the least in man's eyes but with You I can be so much more. I surrender all that I am and all that I have to you today. Please use me in ways bigger than I could ever imagine that I might bring You glory." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that with You we can be more than we could ever dream. Give us a vision and a desire to do impossible things in your Name that your power might be displayed in us. Use us in big ways Lord. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment