Friday, July 10, 2020

Stay faithful til the end

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day." 2 Corinthians 4:16 NLT

Finish line for KDF miniMarathon, Marathon and Relay moving to new location  | News | wdrb.com
While getting a much-needed adjustment at the chiropractor last week, Dr. Roy said, "You most likely have some osteoarthritis forming in your right hip." "Lovely," I replied smiling. Then as he was working on my neck, Dr. Roy gave me some more good news, "Hmmm. I think you're also getting it in your neck based on your limited range of motion." "Well that's even better news," I said laughing. And as I walked out, I began to pray, "Lord, I realize that my body is wearing out and that no matter how well I care for it, it will one day fail me. But until that day Lord, I vow to serve you with my whole being. I vow to use my body to bring you glory. And no matter how painful it might become, I will never give up because I want to live for you." 

And you know, every one of us will face problems as we go through life; problems that can be painful especially as we age. The apostle Paul completely understood that. He had faced immeasurable suffering, pain, trials, and distress on his mission to preach the Good News but he refused to quit. He kept his eyes focused on the finish line and kept running; ignoring the discomforts along the way as every well trained and determined athlete does. And the encouraging message Paul wrote to the church at Corinth is the very same message he intended for you and me to hear today... never give up and remember... although our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed and strengthened every day with the knowledge that this isn't all there is! If we stay faithful and press on to the end, eternal life awaits us!

So if life is hard today, hang in there my friend. And hang on to the promise that there is a reward waiting at the finish line for all those who remain faithful. Keep pressing on!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that this life is not all there is. Help us to stay faithful when life gets hard Lord. And help us to embrace each season of our life as we live to serve You with all we have. Lord help us to be an example of what it means to serve You with our whole heart and whole being that others would be inspired to do the same. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment