Monday, July 6, 2020

We must deliver the Message

“I will wrap you with muscles and skin and breathe life into you. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’” Ezekiel 37:6 CEV

WEBINAR | Witnessing and the Camp Fire: Understanding the Effects of  Overexposure to Stories of Trauma and What to Do About It | Migrant  Clinicians Network
One of the stipulations for keeping my running coach certification through the RRCA, or Road Runners Corporation of America, is ensuring that my CPR certification is up to date at all times. Something which requires me to test my skills every two years by administering chest compressions and breathing into a ‘dummy’ over and over again to ensure that I would be able to revive a person in need of being resuscitated. Thankfully, especially for the runners I coach, I passed the test last week. And while I’ve never had to use cardiopulmonary resuscitation on anyone so far, I understand why it’s such a crucial skill to know. After all, seemingly healthy runners drop dead from heart issues all the time and I want to be able to help when and if it happens to someone in my presence.

And you know, while I am highly concerned with knowing how to resuscitate someone who might be physically dying, my main concern is to resuscitate someone who might be spiritually dying. And you can be sure that describes many people in our world today; people that are in grave danger of falling away from the faith or who might appear so spiritually dead that the majority of the world would view them as unsaveable. But guess what? The Bible tells us that God can “breathe life into” into even the driest of bones and the deadest of people. It’s true! But guess what else? In order for the lost to receive this spiritual CPR, you and I need to know the Good News of the Gospel and be willing to share it with them -- even with those people who appear to be unreachable.

So in a world that needs the breath of God to be poured out more than ever, are you willing to use your skills and voice to deliver the Message? Because it’s not enough to simply pray that the lost will get delivered my friend. We must go out into the world to deliver the life-saving message about the Salvation that can only be found in Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that many of the people in our world who appear spiritually dead can be revived. Give us the boldness and courage then to be lifesavers by sharing the Good News of the Gospel in the hopes the unsaved will allow You to “breathe life” into them. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy running!!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment