Thursday, October 17, 2019

Grateful for Salvation

"He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time." 2 Timothy 1:9 NIV


"Wow! How cool is this?" I thought to myself as I ran through the normally quiet downtown Waynesville square Saturday morning that was now packed with vendors, music and people as part of a Fall Festival. But as intent as I was to finish my run and get home, I was compelled to stop upon seeing a giant three sided chalkboard that read, "What are you grateful for?" "Oh my," I thought smiling. "That answer is so simple. The single most important thing I am grateful for in this life is the salvation provided through my Savior, Jesus Christ." So picking up a piece of chalk, I wrote 'salvation' on the board and then hurried on my way, tears welling up as I pondered the hopeless place I would be without Jesus. 

And you know, salvation or the deliverance from sin and its' consequences was only made possible by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who, "not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace," bore the consequences that were rightfully ours and chose to die a sinners death. And if that thought doesn't bring you to tears, let me ask you something, "Where would you be without Jesus?" I know where I would be my friend. I would be desperately lost. And that's why I'm so very thankful for the unending and undeserving love Jesus displayed for me the day He freely gave his life to provide forgiveness for my sins.

So knowing that Jesus loves you just as much as He loves me, I hope you have already accepted Jesus’ offer of salvation. But if you haven’t, won't you do so today? I promise it will be the best decision you will ever make - one you will be eternally grateful for.  

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us before the beginning of time and for extending us the grace You knew we could never earn. Father, help us to truly grasp what salvation means that we might be so truly grateful for this gift that we would want to share it with the world. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment