Thursday, October 24, 2019

Go ahead and dance

"And David danced before the LORD with all his might, wearing a priestly garment." 2 Samuel 6:14 NLT


Image result for marathon runner dancing
"Shuffle all Music" I commanded Siri. "Playing all music shuffled," she replied. And then it began, "Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance. I just wanna praise You, I just wanna praise You. You broke the chains now I can lift my hands. I just wanna praise you. I just wanna praise you." Whoa! That was not the song I expected and the beat soon caused me to stop in the middle of the backroad I was running on to throw my hands up in praise and start dancing. I just couldn't help myself as I basked in God's presence, thankful that the shackles of pride and fear of what other people might think if I worshiped with abandon had been taken off years ago and I was free to worship with all my might.

And you know, when it comes to unabashedly worshiping God, the Bible tells us that King David "danced before the Lord with all his might." David didn't even care that he was "wearing a priestly garment" and was expected to act dignified. He just wanted to give God praise. Wow! That must have been one good dance session, don't you think? And David had every reason to be filled with this outpouring of joy that couldn't be contained. He was leading the procession that was bringing the Ark of the Lord to Jerusalem, a move that would bring God's blessing on the entire nation.

And you know, each and every believer has a reason to be this joyful because we are saved! Do you get that? That means no matter what happens to us on this earth, we have the forgiveness of sins and will spend eternity with the Father. So take those "shackles," aka anything that keeps you from worshiping the Lord with all your mind, body and spirit, off and dance before the Lord my friend. You'll be glad you did.

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us so many reasons to be filled with joy each and every day. Help us to truly grasp how gracious and merciful You are Lord that we would be people filled with the urge to express our love for you through song and dance and shouts of praise without fear of embarrassment. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Shackles - Mary Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment