Sunday, October 27, 2019

Give it your all

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship." Romans 12:1 NIV

Image result for runner on mountain top pic
Early last week, 38-year-old professional runner Shalane Flanagan announced her retirement from the sport. After a historic career, Shalane decided it was time to transition her skills to coaching saying, "From 2004 to 2019 I’ve given everything that’s within me to this sport and wow it’s been an incredible ride! I’ve broken bones, torn tendons, and lost too many toenails to count... my passion and purpose is no longer about MY running; it’s more and more about those around me. All I’ve ever known, in my approach to anything, is going ALL IN. So I’m carrying this to coaching." I have no doubt Flanagan will be an amazing coach. 

And you know, when it comes to going 'all in,' or giving an all-out effort to achieve something, Paul wrote that, "in view of God's mercy," every believer is to give their bodies as "a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God." You see, God owes us nothing and, in fact, rather than subjecting us to the death we deserve chose to give us salvation through Jesus Christ instead. And in response to this great act of mercy, our lives should be lived in service to Him with our time spent working tirelessly and sacrificially to fulfill the purpose for which He has set us apart.

So may we live each day going 'all in' to know Him more and to make Him known through our words and actions. May we lay our lives down at His feet and say, "Here I am Lord. Use me... all of me. I give you everything I have in worship and in service to You. Lead me and guide me and let my life reflect my thankfulness for Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross."

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving your all for us by the sacrifice of your son Jesus Christ so we could have the forgiveness of sins. Help us to show our thankfulness by serving You with all we have, holding nothing back and living to win others to the foot of the Cross and to bring You the glory You so rightfully deserve. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment