Tuesday, October 22, 2019

We are blessed when we give

"And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’" Acts 20:35 NLT


Image result for helping homeless pic
As I was finishing up my run Saturday morning with a cool-down walk, I struck up a conversation with a group of ladies who were also enjoying a stroll in the park. We weren't talking very long before I noticed something that could have caused the woman currently speaking to trip. "Sorry to interrupt you," I said to her. "But your shoe is untied. May I please tie it for you?” Oh thank you so much," the older woman, who most likely would have had a hard time bending down to do it herself, replied as I got into position to secure the laces. "You ladies have a fantastic day," I then said as I headed to my van, totally blessed by the random encounter. 

And you know, it truly is "more blessed to give than to receive" because giving, when done with the right motive, is an outpouring of the love of Jesus Christ within us and a reminder of how blessed we are to be loved by the Father. And giving, whether it be of our time, talents, or possessions should come natural to every believer, so natural that each one of us would, like Paul, be able to say, "I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard." Can you just imagine the impact the church (that's you and me my friend and not a building) could have on the world if each member could confidently say that? 

So let us strive to do more than just say we care about the lost and "those in need." Let us be people of action who show them that we care by our good deeds and the genuine love they convey. After all, we are the ones who are truly blessed when we do. 

Heavenly Father, thank You giving us the perfect example of love to follow. Jesus never missed an opportunity to do good and worked tirelessly to serve others out of love. Help us to strive to do the same and in doing so win the lost to the foot of the Cross. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Echo - Blanca

No comments:

Post a Comment