Monday, October 14, 2019

Have a blessed day

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little." Philippians 4:12 NLT


Related image

After running for nearly two hours in the brisk temps Saturday morning, I was really looking forward to a hot cup of coffee from my favorite convenience store. So after pouring myself a delectable warm drink, I walked up to the counter to pay with a huge smile on my face. "Thank you for shopping at Kum and Go, have a blessed day," the young man behind the counter said. And just like that, my huge smile got even bigger! "I certainly will," I replied as I walked off holding back the urge to skip. "And you do the same." I added.

And you want to know why I could without a doubt say that I would most certainly have a blessed day? Because there's nothing that that day, or any other day for that matter, could hold that could take away my joy. You see, Paul had it all figured out when he wrote, "I have learned the secret of living in every situation..." And the secret to having a blessed day or a day filled with joy has nothing to do with our present situation or whether we have "plenty or little." It is simply this... living each moment with the knowledge that Jesus is all we will ever need and He will never leave us nor forsake us. 

I don't know about you my friend but I truly believe that the ability to be content in any situation and to see each day as blessed is nothing short of a gift from God. So go ahead and smile and even skip if you want to for the day the Lord has made, because no matter what happens you and I can always have a blessed day.

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God whose mere presence fills believers with an unspeakable joy that can't be explained. Help us to always seek You first that we might be so full of this joy in every situation that others would seek the Source of this joy that can't be explained. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Joy Unspeakable


No comments:

Post a Comment