Thursday, March 31, 2016

Make a way

"Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided," Exodus 14:21


With less than three weeks left until the Boston Marathon, you can imagine my dismay at hearing last week's diagnosis of peroneal tendonitis. With rest and anti-inflammatory medication I was told that it should heal in about three weeks. But having taken one week off from training already before even seeing the podiatrist I felt as if I were looking at sure defeat. Without proper training how was I going to be able to finish the race that I felt God was calling me to? And then I remembered that, since the beginning of time, God has been "making a way".

Exodus 14:21 tells us that, "Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and that all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided." Did you get that part? The waters were divided! With the Egyptians chasing them, the Israelites saw absolutely no way of escape... that is until God opened up a dry path and made a way for them to cross over. But did you notice that Moses stretched out his hand? He trusted God to work but still knew that he had to do his part. At sometime in our lives, you and I will most assuredly find ourselves looking at sure defeat. That's not the time to panic or give up though. That, my friend, is the time to pray and take action.

And I am forever grateful that God did indeed "make a way" for me. At the advice of a good friend and fellow runner, I am now running in a pool doing my part as I trust God for healing. So, today, if you're looking at the sea of obstacles in your path, remember that God is the master at "making a way".

Heavenly Father, thank you for being the God that never gives up on us. Thank you for bringing us through the seas of doubt and over the mountains of fear and insecurity that stand in our way. Help us to trust you more that we might pray with certainty that you will indeed make a way. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

I am They - Make a way


No comments:

Post a Comment