Tuesday, March 1, 2016

See for yourself

"So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." John 20:25


While preparing to dress for my run yesterday morning, I checked my phone to get the weather forecast only to hear the morning news weatherman give a different prediction. Now, not really trusting either account, I headed outside to see for myself. Sometimes that's the only way to be sure isn't it?

In John 20:25, Thomas also needed to 'see for himself' before believing. When the disciples told him that they had seen the Lord after his resurrection, 'Doubting Thomas' (as he would later be dubbed) said, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."  A week later Jesus appeared to Thomas and took away any doubts Thomas had that Jesus was indeed alive. Sadly many of us are like Thomas. We won't believe unless we see for ourselves. Yet the proof is all around us. Jesus shows himself in creation, in his Word and in the Holy Spirit that guides us. 

Maybe you still find yourself doubting today whether God is real? I invite you to 'see for yourself'. Open the pages of scripture and let Him speak to you-pray and allow Him to reveal himself to you. Just as Jesus did with Thomas, he longs to do for you and me... he longs to make us believers.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your presence that is all around us if we would only look for it. Help us to search for you that we might have no doubts that you are real, you are alive and that you love us enough to show yourself to us through prayer and bible reading that we might be true believers. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

Nails in your hands - Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment