Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Without a doubt

"Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:30,31


As my son was preparing to leave for his Senior trip to Washington, D.C. Monday, I overheard him talking to his younger sister, "You better give me a hug because you never know what might happen. The plane might go down." What he meant as a joke gave me an opportunity to ask him, "Suppose that happened. Do you know for a fact that you would be going to Heaven?" Flashing that smile that I love so much, he told me not to worry because he knew, without a doubt, where he would spend eternity... with Jesus.

You know that is the most important question in the world yet, sadly, there are many people who don't know the answer. As athletes we like to think we're invincible but we're not. Accidents happen, cancer strikes even the young and healthy and we will all grow old. But unlike the certainty of not knowing when death will end our lives on earth, we can know for sure where we will spend eternity. And to that question of where, there are only two answers.. Heaven or hell. How can you and I know without a doubt then? The bible gives us that answer when it tells the story of the Philippian jailer who asked Paul and Silas, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?", they answered, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved."

Still uncertain? Romans 10:9 gives us this promise, "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Perhaps you've never accepted Jesus Christ as Lord of your life? If you have yet to make that decision, I hope today is the day you choose to follow him that you might, without a doubt, know where you will spend eternity. 

Heavenly Father, I pray that if there is anyone reading this that has not chosen to follow you they would do so today and pray this prayer: Father, I accept you as Lord of my life. I believe that Jesus is your son and died on the cross to save me from my sins and rose on the third day. I confess that I am a sinner in need of grace and I ask that you come into my heart at this very moment that I may know, without a doubt, that I will spend eternity with you in Heaven. It's in your most precious and holy name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I choose Jesus - Moriah Peters


No comments:

Post a Comment