Monday, March 7, 2016

Now is the time

"That is why the LORD says, "Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning." Joel 2:12


Photo of Bob Hayes Running

C.S. Lewis once wrote, "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." Bob Hayes, 89, of Evero, Montana, is proof of that. At the age of 60, he took up running and estimates that he’s run about 100-125 marathons or ultra marathons and 600 races in all since then. With no plans of stopping anytime soon, he said, "I’m just going to keep running as long as I can. I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to do it, but I just keep going because if I stop, that’ll be the end and they’ll haul me off through the pearly gates.” Bob is currently training for a 30k in June and a 50k on August 6, just 16 days before he turns 90. 

Talk about making the most of the time you have left. The prophet Joel talked about it too when he warned the people of Judah, "Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping and mourning." God was telling the people then, and he is telling the people now, to turn to him "while there is still time." And, because you and I aren't promised tomorrow, now may be all we have. 

Today is the day then, the now time, to turn to the Lord! May our greatest objective be to follow Christ 'through the pearly gates'.

Heavenly Father, help us to know that it is not too late to repent and give our lives to you. If there's anyone waiting for the perfect time, may today be the day that they set a new goal of running the race with you all the way to the finish line. May they turn to you and give you their heart and their lives.  It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.  

Happy Running!!!

Matt Maher - Turn around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRYJ5TKEy1w

No comments:

Post a Comment