Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Life changes

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Hebrews 13:8


In a world that's constantly changing, it's so reassuring to know that one thing does not change, Jesus Christ.  This summer marks the close of a time in my life I hoped would never end-my son no longer needs me to be to be his driver.  As I watched him smile for his driver's license picture, I searched in vain for any physical signs of the little boy that once cried out for me to hold his hand.  Sadly, there were none. My daughter, who was my baby just yesterday, will enter the 4th grade this week, I'll soon turn 44, my husband is receiving mail from AARP and time marches on.  

Like most other people, life hasn't been always been what one might call "ideal". There's been as many hard times as good.   But there was one thing I was always certain of, God was there through it all.  (Romans 8:28,  "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.")  We may not feel our lives are going as planned right now but they are perfect for His purpose for us-each trial forming us to fulfill it.  It gives me such peace knowing that He is shaping my children as well.  My imperfect life has shown my children His perfect love, forgiveness and mercy. Praise God for our imperfections.   Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."   While it can be somewhat sad when God closes a chapter on our lives, rest assured that He is opening another one.

Whatever you're going through right now-good or bad, won't last forever.  Rejoice in the good times and trust in the difficult ones.  Teach your children what they need to know today, love others today, step out in faith to start something new today.  Today will be a memory soon.  Don't you want it to be a good one?

Heavenly Father, thank You for working in our lives to work all things together for our good, Thank You for all the things You have allowed us to experience leading us up to today, the day you designed for us.  You are such an intimate God and You care about every detail of our lives.  We are sinners deserving of none of this.  So, for all You are and all You do for us, thank you. In Your precious name we pray, Jesus.  Amen.

Happy running!!!
www.team413.org

What you pray for your children now will shape them into what they will become.  This is one I prayed for Luke since he was a baby.   He is now a young man on his knees.  

Little boy on his knees-Cheri Keaggy

No comments:

Post a Comment