Friday, August 29, 2014

God's blessings revealed

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9


"I do believe if people see someone like me doing this they will for sure know that God is the reason. I have never been a good athlete. Seriously, I was always the last one picked. When playing games, I was slow and small." -Todd Raney


Can anyone relate to that? Being the last one picked or the one no one wanted on their team? I believe without a doubt that God gives us all gifts. Sometimes they just aren't revealed until God is ready for us to use them for His purpose. My friend, Todd, and I were talking about his upcoming race schedule which includes running 10 marathons, one ultra and one half this fall.  He discovered running just recently and found he was good at it.  The small frame and short stature that made him an unfavorable pick for basketball or some other school sports, made him perfect for running!   Ephesians 2:10 tells us that, "we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." God absolutely planned for my friend to be made for this very purpose and this very moment in time. Had his talent been revealed sooner, it might have been wasted. God's timing is as perfect as His faithfulness.

"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ..." 1 Peter 4:10-11.  Our abilities and  talents (and possessions) are not our own.  They are a gift from God to us to be given back in the form of praise and worship.  What greater way to worship Christ than to use the gift of running to glorify Him!  To publicly acknowledge Christ as the provider of your strength is the ultimate thank you.  As Todd and I, and thousands of other TEAM 413 members around the world run races this season with the scripture "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13, emblazoned on our shirts, may we plant seeds that will lead others to Christ.

Your talent may not be running or anything even associated with it. But I promise you that He has given you an ability that you can use to bring Him glory. Pray that it would be revealed and use it for the purpose it was given... to bring glory to the Giver of all gifts.

Heavenly Father, thank you for everything You have given each of us.  I pray that each of us would use the talents, possessions and blessings that You have so graciously provided to us to lead others to You and to glorify your name.  Father, in everything we do and say, may we show the love of Christ so that others will want to do the same.  In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy Running!!
www.team413.org


If there's anyone here brought through the fire, say Amen - Finding Favour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWaMVh4dZM

No comments:

Post a Comment